Good commandments! Reposted from The Upright Motorcycle Brigade
The 10 Commandments of The Upright Motorcycle Brigade:
- Thou shalt respect thine motorcycle. Thou shalt not ride it foolishly, nor unsafely.
- Thou shalt wear proper safety gear; helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, and boots.
- Thou shalt learn the proper maintenance of thine motorcycle. If not able to maintain it thyself, thou art to have it properly maintained by an ordained mechanic.
- Thou shalt respect the laws governing thine motorcycle in the state of residence. Including proper registration and insurance coverage.
- Thou shalt scan the road continuously, looking for those who are distracted.
- Thou shalt give oneself a safety cushion of great distance between thyself and other vehicles.
- Thou shalt inspect thine motorcycle before each and every ride, wary of any signs of wear or breakage.
- Thou shalt attend a proper safety course for thy level of experience if thou hast not ridden in some time or never ridden before. He who is learned of the way is gifted with knowledge.
- Thou shalt not lend thine motorcycle to another without first assessing his or her knowledge and skill level.
- Thou shalt endeavor to keep thine motorcycle upright and teach unto others the importance of knowledge and safety
- Big Bear Choppers Calls for New Focus on Motorcycle Safety (prweb.com)
- South Dakota wants motorcyclists to join ‘Ride to Work Day’ (rapidcityjournal.com)